Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Takin a Bite Out of the BIG apple... By mistake!

Never a dull moment when your traveling with the dutton/Rhine clan! Who new JFK would be so close the city, yeah I know normal people but seriously I though it was like way outside the city... So as we are all lost trying to find our way through every .5 mile turn right, .3 mile turn left then bear right, etc we see the "big city' aka NYC skyline and we tell Sophie to wave to it because we aren't going there! Ummmm back the mini van up we took a wrong turn ended up wherethe buses park at the bus terminal and had to take 42 Nd street you know like the broadway song? In my dads 60 years he has never drove in NYC and he swore he never would! I don't think we have ever laughed so hard as we drove through times square dodging buses, taxis and bikers trying to find our way out!!! It was a group effort. 2 phones, a gps and map quest printed directions. The comedy continues... We r checked in, waiting for flight. Thank god for iPads. Sophie is so far so good! Called mom and dad they took the holland tunnel and ended up in hte city again and apparently they are close to Stone harbor nj right now I told them to call it quits and stay at the beach!!!

1 comment:

  1. I could see your parents, Lol! Safe travels! She is beautiful:)
    Michelle Rogers

    ReplyDelete