Saturday, March 31, 2012

Goodbye Taiwan, The final day of our asian adventure, next stop: USA where the adventure continues...

Hello from PA!!  So freaking good to be home, I cannot even tell you.  Seeing my folks at the airport just made me smile and cry at the same time just cannot say it enough how good it is to be home!
The flight went really went.  Gave Lizzie a bottle before and during take off with a little benedryl in it (don't judge, 15  1/2 hrs straight on a plane with an active 8 mth old is no easy flight!)  Lizzie went to sleep, was restless because of her teeth but she went right down and slept on and off for 10 hours!  Sophie watched the Adventrues of Tin TIn 2x on the ipad so I'm assuming it's a great movie if she watched twice and slept the rest of the way home until Lizzie woke up and lunged before I could get her and pulled Soph's hair.  And so it begins...

Our last day in Taiwan was great.  We secured a late check out and headed to the breakfast buffet at the Grand Hyatt.  I haven't posted much about this but it is amazing.  They have western, european and asian buffets all going on at the same time.  Chris eats the European salami, brie and bread with pickles and salad and I eat the Western homemade french toast, waffles and danish.  Then we both eat the Asian which has poststickers, dumplings, rice, congee and noodles.  We fill up on this and we don't even need to eat until like 2 or 3.  Great buffet and well worth the money.     It was great to get congee for lizzie so she could get a full belly too.

We then took the mrt to Longshan Temple.  AMAZING!!!  This is exactly how I imagined Taiwan.  Right off the MRT and right in front of you is this amazing temple.  It is so magnificient (I don't think I've used this word since a play in high school) pictures don't even do it justice.  We all purchased bracelets outside the temple and headed in to see what it is like.  Here are a few pics.  There was no one available for a child blessing, but just being there felt like a blessing itself. 

 Sophie, Lizzie and I in front of SYS memorial
 Statue right inside the Longshan MRT exit, this is a sophie pic

 These statues were HUGE suspended from the ceiling these are sophie pics
 Tons of street truck vendors selling tomatoes, fruits, veggies and live birds (yes, in red mesh bags) as Chris Rhine says " now there's something you don't see everyday"

 the temple entrance
 right inside the temple entrance a beautiful water fall
 inside the temple, gorgeous floral offerings and insense
 closer shot

 we saw this kitty on the roof of the temple, we call him we shall call him "temple kitty" sophie says as mommy was holding her breath he didn't fall off the roof and become dead kitty right before our eyes - thank god that didn't happen

 another water feature at the temple exit
We ate our final lunch in the hotel, yeah I know real exciting but at this point it was simple and allowed us to get to the airport on time.
 Lizzie waiting for some food, ya'll
 A picture to remember our fav soup
Sophie took this picture of Lizzie and Mommy
Good bye Taiwan, until we meet again, hopefully in about 5 - 6 years so we can bring the girls back when Lizzie's Sophie's age and can experience all the awesome things this country has to offer, just as we did this past trip.
Next post - Welcome to the US of A Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment